Reign of Winter
General House Rules
- Movement: Diagonal movement always costs 1 square of movement.
- Invisibility: A creature that cannot be seen by an opponent can benefit from flanking bonuses, but cannot grant them.
- Healing: Healing works as it should per the rules, negative hit points must be healed like any other
- Spell Effects: Spell effects do not end when the caster is considered helpless (or dead). They continue for full duration and cannot be dismissed in such a condition.
- Critical Hit Cards are in effect (on ALL creatures)
- Prestige Points: Updated – See Prestige Points. All encounter ability “Spent” points must be used prior to confirming success or failure of the roll. Points can be “Burned” after the fact for the same effect.
- Summoners Summoners are banned from this campaign. This class is way out of balance with the rest.
- Early firearms now attack touch AC out to Half their normal range increment.
- Advanced firearms now attack touch AC out to 1x their normal range increment.
- Misfire values for guns are increased by 1, and cannot be reduced below 1 by any method unless it provides immunity to misfire.
- “XXX of the infinite sky” may exist somewhere, but it is not a craftable enchantment.
- Linguistics: – Requires a minimum of one month of study (library or culture immersion) in a language prior to learning it. Points can be spent and “saved” for languages.
- Swashbuckler Deed – Opportune Parry and Riposte: This ability requires the use of a Light or One-Handed Piercing Melee Weapon to stay in line with the rest of the Swashbuckler class.
- Rogue Talent – Offensive Defense: This ability does not stack with itself, and the bonus caps out at the number of Sneak Attack dice available to the Rogue based on their level.
- Dirty Trick Combat Maneuver: The status effects from this maneuver do not upgrade upon additional applications of the status (i.e. intimidate skill.)
- Wizard Void Subschool – Void Weakness: Now scales with Wizard level, not caster level.
- Antagonize: This feat is banned, because it’s stupid. No Taunt Buttons.
- Leadership: This feat is banned, there are enough NPC’s already.
Emerging Guns: Firearms become more common. They are mass-produced by small guilds, lone gunsmiths, dwarven clans, or maybe even a nation or two—the secret is slipping out, and the occasional rare adventurer uses guns. The baseline gunslinger rules and the prices for ammunition given in this chapter are for this type of campaign. Early firearms are available, but are relatively rare. Adventurers who want to use guns must take the Gunsmithing feat just to make them feasible weapons. Advanced firearms may exist, but only as rare and wondrous items—the stuff of high-level treasure troves.
Magic Throwing Weapons: Weapons that are enchanted and have a throwing range listed on their stat block automatically return to their wielder in between each attack. Thus a man with rapid shot or multiple attacks could throw the same +1 dagger during a full attack. Two weapon throwing does require two separate items, and a net or similar object would not return due to its nature. Quick draw would not be needed after the weapon was initially drawn.
Bracers of Armor: These will stack with non enchanted armor or spells that increase armor. A +2 bracer of armor with mage armor would equal a 16 AC, and wearing non magical full plate would be 21 AC. However, a +1 chain shirt of lesser fortification would receive no benefit from them.
- Combat Maneuvers and Weapons: You can use any weapon when performing a combat maneuver that uses an “Attack Action” (typically disarm, trip, and sunder) and add the enhancement bonus of the weapon to your CMB for the maneuver.
- Combat Maneuvers and Weapon Finesse: This feat does allow the use of DEX instead of STR for combat maneuvers that involve a weapon that can be finessed (typically disarm, trip, and sunder)
- Crane Wing: This feat has recently been updated. If you are building a character that utilizes this feat, please check the new wording at http://www.d20pfsrd.com/feats/combat-feats/crane-wing-combat . It will work as it is written there.